When you look through a list of hundreds of roofing companies, it can be rather tricky to narrow down on the right one. After all, there are many options and many reviews to check before choosing the right company. Reviews from anonymous people just won’t cut it. So before choosing the roofer you want and signing that deal, you should know and feel at ease with the one you are going to use.
In this post, we’ve listed down ten questions that may help you choose a roofer that suits your needs. You want to make sure that everything is not just done efficiently and on time, but when a problem arises in future, you will want them to solve that too.
- Where is your office, or company’s office, located? Lack of a physical address is a major red flag that your prospective roofer might not be legitimate. It means they can bail on you at any time.
- How long have you been doing roofing or roofing contracts? A roofer’s level of experience should give you a good idea of how well they’ll handle your project.
- Does your company offer roof repair?
- Do you have a work portfolio or work samples that I could look at? Ask for two to three references so you can get a good look at their handiwork.
- If I want to remodel, do you also offer roof replacement?
- What warranties do you offer? Warranties protect you in case of defects in the product installed or the handiwork of the roofers.
- Can you provide a certificate of insurance? Workers compensation insurance means you won’t be held liable if your roofers meet an accident on your property.
- If I have issues or problems with the service in the future, what are your procedures for handling these situations?
- Do you itemize each cost and do you separate the cost of material from the labor charges?
- How do I pay you? What are your procedures?
Turn to Expert Contracting for professional roof repair and replacement services. Give us a call at (716) 572-7303 or fill out our contact form to start a consultation. We serve clients in West Seneca, NY.